Museums, Zoos, Learning Centers & Othere Kids Activities
- Bishop Museum (Honolulu/Kalihi) Exhibits on Hawaiian history/artifacts, special children’s exhibits from time-to-time, usually science-related exhibits too.
- Children’s Discovery Center (Honolulu/Kaka’ako) Play center for kids with science and community-related exhibits, foreign county play scenes, dramatic play area, play fire station, auto mechanic area, airline area, etc. Changes from time to time.
- Dole Plantation (North Shore/Wahiawa) Especially appealing to kids is the train ride and the giant maze.
- Dolphin Quest at the Kahala Hotel Dolphin Quest is an international organization devoted to the public education and conservation of marine wildlife. It had programs where people can interact with dolphins at the Kahala Hotel.
- FREE Dole Cannery Regal Cinemas Summer Movies (Honolulu) Starting at 10am, free movies for kids/parents in the summertime.
- Gymboree Play & Music Classes (Honolulu /Kaimuki, Aiea/Pearl Ridge Mall) National franchise, has play, art & music class from infant through 5 yrs old. Birthday parties.
- Hawaiian Waters Adventure Park (Leeward/Kapolei)
- He’eia Pier Glass Bottom Boat (Windward/Kaneohe) Goes out toward Gilligan’s Island (Coconut Island) Kids get to see some tropical fish and a skin diver go below he boat – fish feeding is fun too. You can rent out the whole boat.
- Honolulu Academy of Arts (Honolulu)
- Honolulu Zoo (Honolulu/Waikiki) Nice zoo, with picnic areas and playground – also, a newly renovated Keiki Zoo, with farm animals/petting zoo. Birthday parties.
- Kama’aina Kids Seasonal Day Camps – For school age kids. Offers themed activities at Kama‘aina Kids sites, plus outdoor and enrichment activities at parks and beaches, or at attractions like Hawaiian Waters, Sea Life Park or the Honolulu Zoo.
- Leapin’ Lizards (Halawa Heights/Aiea) Fun, bouncy house play center. Birthday parties.
- Sea Life Park (Windward/Waimanalo) Not quite the same as Sea World, but fun dolphin shows, a huge play structure, and lots of fish to see. Birthday parties.
- Star of Honolulu -Whale Watching (Honolulu/Aloha Tower Marketplace) Whale watching is seasonal. There is a FREE departure, weekly, on Sunday mornings.
- FREE Toddler Time at Kahala Mall (Honolulu/Kahala) Weekly activities including stories, crafts, clowns, etc.
- FREE Toddler Time at Pearlridge Mall (Aiea) Weekly activities including stories, clowns, crafts, etc.
- Waikiki Aquarium (Honolulu/Waikiki) Fish and other sea creatures in a great location on Waikiki. They have classes for kids too!